Re: [tlaplus] Finding Inductive Invariants using TLC and Proving it using TLAPS

Thanks Markus.  Yes, by including the conjunct in IInv, TLC was able to IInv again.
It helped me to understand to find an inductive invariant using TLC for my simplified version of the spec.
Now I am trying to prove the inductive invariant using TLAPS.

Best,
Smruti

On Friday, November 6, 2020 at 1:42:56 PM UTC-6 Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:
On 06.11.20 11:03, Smruti Padhy wrote:
> Thanks for pointing that out. I redefined Seq with MySeq. Now I am
> getting, a different error:

> In evaluation, the identifier buffer is either undefined or not an operator.
>
> line 64, col 19 to line 64, col 24 of module BlockingQueue

> I am not sure what I am missing here.

Hi Smruti,

if you compare git commit v16 [1] with v18 [2], you will find that the
first conjunct of TypeInv has been excluded from IInv (see [3]). If you
include the conjunct in IInv, TLC will be able to check IInv again.

Best,
Markus

[1]
https://github.com/lemmy/BlockingQueue/blob/03fe04a9d63d0c92c77547bc10063e83e39a1878/BlockingQueue.tla#L96