[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [tlaplus] Changing editor's font colors for numbers, logical symbols, etc in the spec

In case anyone looks through these groups for a solution, I haven't found a way to change the colors of the fonts in question.  But I am using the i3 window manager.  I tested the toolbox on ubuntu without i3.  It looked much better.  Turns out, I was using the arc-darc theme on i3 which messes with the font colors.  To change your i3 theme, you can download lxappearance and change to something that isn't dark.  You will have to reload and restart i3 after changing the theme with lxappearance.

Travis

On Tuesday, March 17, 2020 at 10:08:06 AM UTC-7, Travis Allison wrote:
Hi Markus,

Thank you for the response.  I just tried doing 'toolbox -cssTheme none'.  Nothing seems to change.  

Below is a screenshot.  I am on ubuntu.  I also pasted the output from the terminal window when I start the toolbox.  

(Note that I had to return the appearance preferences back to default for the look below.  '-cssTheme none' didn't seem to change anything.)

I'd like to be able to change the color of '=', '/\', etc.  Currently they are white and if I want a white background, they are invisible.  Any ideas anyone?

toolbox.png

** (toolbox:11281): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-nKcxqw4JIC: Connection refused

** (java:11299): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-nKcxqw4JIC: Connection refused
SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in [bundleresource://258.fwk1074389766:1/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in [bundleresource://258.fwk1074389766:2/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.helpers.NOPLoggerFactory]

On Monday, March 16, 2020 at 2:35:25 PM UTC-7, Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:
On 16.03.20 11:54, travis...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I am just starting with the toolbox.  I changed the background color of
> the editor to white.  I am trying to find the preference to change the
> font color for the logical symbols, numbers, etc.  The are currently
> white, so they are invisible.
>
> I've changed every color that was white in "Colors and Fonts", but have
> been unable to find the correct setting.
>
> Also, I've looked for ways to change the comment color (currently green)
> and the keywords (currently purple) but can't find those selections either.

Hi Travis,

I find the Toolbox to look most pleasant/ergonomic with theming
disabled, which you turn off by launching the Toolbox with 'toolbox
-cssTheme none'.

Markus

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tlaplus" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tlaplus+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tlaplus/855b22c9-2030-44b5-8e41-01f583879e61%40googlegroups.com.