Re: [tlaplus] Guarantee message passing

Hello,

(I'm recycling this thread)

I have a question related to timers and their subsequent implementation. This might be useful for other specifications as well.

On Lamport's paper Real Time is Really Simple at page 38,  the action Tick of Leader contains two conditions before updating timers:
 - \A n \in Node: timer[n] + TODelay >= d
 - \A ms \in BagToSet(msgs): ms.rcvTimer >= d
Which both avoids timer and ms.rcvTimer from decreasing forever.

How would one implement such a clock in a programming language? Or rather, how would one check the program's clock respects the spec's clock?
I understand Tick must be Strongly Fair, so it ticks infinitely often. How can we ensure the program's clock behaves... well.

Maybe this sort of question -- checking implementation follows specification -- has already been replied elsewhere, so I appreciate outside sources just as well.

Best,

Jones