Re: [tlaplus] Guarantee message passing

One way of modeling this is as a real-time system, with upper-bound and lower-bound timers. See Leslie's paper Real Time is Really Simple.

Andrew

On Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 7:42:49 AM UTC-5 jone...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello Stephen,

I see. It's a safety property. I was worried sending and receiving a message in the same step would be incorrect in a more... concrete specification (closer to programming languages). My thinking was more in line of "how do I guarantee the next step will be a Reply step from some process after a Send step?" So it seems, in idealized networking conditions, I should Send and Receive in the same step.

Thanks,

Jones