Re: [tlaplus] Issues with seeing error trace and enabling Deadlock setting

On 15.08.20 17:08, Varun Gandhi wrote:
> Hi folks. To get started, I'm tried running the basic example from
> https://learntla.com/introduction/example/.
>
>     ---- MODULE example ----
>     EXTENDS Naturals, TLC
>
>     (* --algorithm transfer
>     variables alice_account = 10, bob_account = 10, money \in 1..20;
>
>     begin
>     A: alice_account := alice_account - money;
>     B: bob_account := bob_account + money;
>     C: assert alice_account >= 0;
>     end algorithm *)
>     =====
>
> Save that to `example.tla`, compile the PlusCal to TLA+, create an empty
> model and run that model. I do see a similar error but I don't see any
> error trace as shown in the screenshot here: https://imgur.com/a/AzCEe0a.
>
> Is it because of some misconfiguration? Any suggestions for debugging?
>
> Configuration information: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, v1.7.0 Aristotle zip from
> https://github.com/tlaplus/tlaplus/releases/, running javac/JDK 14.0.1.
>
> As an alternative, I did try v1.6.0 Zenobius and that does show the
> error trace OK, so I'm going to use that for now.
>
> I also noticed that the "Deadlock" box on the Model Overview screen is
> unchecked by default (and clicking it does nothing), unlike the macOS
> screenshot on learntla.com. However, I can add/select/unselect
> Invariants and Properties just fine. This problem seems to be present
> with both v1.6.0 and v1.7.0.
>
> Varun

Hi Varun,

please use a recent nightly build [1] to get the fix for the missing
error-trace [2].

As to the Deadlock button, this appears to be an incompatibility with
(some of) the Gnome themes in Ubuntu 20.04.  The visual difference
between a button being checked and unchecked is minimal.  Unfortunately,
we don't have a workaround or fix yet.

Markus

[1] http://nightly.tlapl.us/products/
[2] https://github.com/tlaplus/tlaplus/issues/461