Re: TLA Toolbox: installation problem

Initially I verified, through system preferences, that the Java version installed was version 8, but still got the error dialog saying I needed to install the legacy Apple Java when trying to run TLA+ toolkit.

As I mentioned, after installing the JRE and having the toolbox fail to load I tried changing versions using the command line but version 1.6 was the highest version available still. Then I installed the JDK and the command line java reported version 1.8 was installed. After that I was able to launch the toolkit.

I'm happy to have it working now, and am trying to learn TLA+. I feel like I'm the target demographic given Leslie's talks on the subject, and I'm disappointed I hadn't heard of TLA+ until two weeks ago. I've been designing digital logic RTL as well as low level firmware for a long while, but writing specs was not a priority at most companies I've been with. The argument was usually "The code is the spec".

Thanks for the responses!