Robin Milner Space and Motion of Communicating Agents

Hi, I'm a new comer here. I got interested in concurrency by reading the introduction to [Robin Milner Space and Motion of Communicating Agents](www.cl.cam.ac.uk/archive/rm135/Bigraphs-draft.pdf). I couldn't get through the first chapter. I don't yet know the maths and logic to be able to read it.

I'm looking for a way to learn about these concepts and issues. I've come across TLA.

Is there an overlap between Leslie Lamport's work and Robin Milner's work?

I'd like to find an active community which will help me learn.

Is this the right place? Should I look somewhere else? I've searched this group for "Milner" and didn't see anything.