Re: [tlaplus] Next release?

we don't have a precise definition of "Linux" as a supported platform.

In everyman's mind computer technology is a precise science :) (I'm always
struck by the absence of formal and precise definitions in computer science. Even
C standard is not formally defined and a sea of perplexity.)

I for one use a reasonable recent version of Ubuntu.

I'd like to emphasize that a reasonable recent version of Linux must be
at least five years old. Because people don't change their box every year
and that a difference of version number in the libc prevents from installing
the software even if (as it is likely to be so) only the oldest features of the libc
are used. (I tell that for the precompiled versions of the softwares obviously).

--
FL