Toolbox running under Java 1.8

Hi folks.  After reading Viewpoint in the Communications of the ACM I was motivated to try TLA+.  I can get  the command line tools to work but the toolbox refuses to run the model checker but it does parse specs ok.  I have tried both the current version and the release candidate.  I am using windows 7 with Java 1.8.0_25 and the only conclusion I can come to is that the version of Eclipse that the toolbox uses won't run correctly with Java 1.8.  Is this a known issue or am I simply doing something stupid?

Regards

Tony