Re: [tlaplus] Re: How to read the graph generated by TLC? Is there a way to specify its location?

Hello,

I have made a small patch to TLC -dump option, which outputs state fingerprint and transition information to TLC -dump file,
and a ruby script 'tla2dot', which parses the dump file and outputs graphviz dot notation.

The patch, the pathced tla2tools.jar, and the ruby script are available in https://github.com/jarjuk/tla2dot under MIT licences.

I have used the tool only in small scale mainly to better understand state space generation, and to communicate, how tla2tool works.

Is it be possible to add the patch https://github.com/jarjuk/tla2dot/blob/master/tla2dot.patch to tlatools trunk?

BR,
Jukka

On Sunday, December 13, 2015 at 4:38:50 PM UTC+2, Stephan Merz wrote:
TLC explores the entire graph of reachable states of the instance you give it to verify. If no error is found, the Toolbox displays some quantitative information, including how many states TLC visited and coverage information about the underlying specification. It does not visualize the entire state space, if that's what you mean.

Regards,
Stephan