Re: [tlaplus] Question about SYMMETRY optimization

Thanks, Stephan!

Unfortunately, TLC doesn't support such a construct, this is known limitation: TLC cannot handle definitions that come from a parameterized instantiation.
Also, I don't believe that  "\A x,y \in Endpoints : x # y => FIFO(x,y)!Spec" would qualify as a "nice" temporal formula.
Therefore, I had to resort to explicit (non-parameterized) instantiations, which seem to break symmetry even if the problem at hand is fully symmetric.

Thank you,
Dmitry