[tlaplus] Re: Recent issues posting

Gave presentation at community meeting, see the slides here.

We came up with some requirements in the call:
So Linux Foundation mailing list with some web front-end (TBD) + zulip seems like a good candidate. I asked on the Lean zulip instance about their hosting setup (link) and apparently the zulip organization is hosting them for free as an open-source community project. Perhaps we could get a similar setup, because otherwise pricing is somewhat prohibitive.

Murat was also a fan of Discourse, which is currently the most popular forum software in use. You can see the Alloy Discourse site here. Discourse has an email interface, forum interface, chat, and also a stackoverflow-like Q&A plugin all-in-one. Unclear on how well its chat feature works and whether it has the features we want.

Please suggest any alternatives in this thread and at the next community meeting perhaps we will put this to a vote.

Andrew