Re: [tlaplus] About WF

The standard form of TLA+ specifications is

Init /\ [][Next]_v

Behaviors that end in infinite stuttering satisfy this formula, even if Next (or some sub-action) remains always enabled.

Stephan

On 23 Nov 2022, at 23:17, Huailin <huailin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks, Stephan.

>>>because they are not universally true.

Why you say it might NOT be universally true? I kind of feel it should be. That's why I was wondering whether we can provide a proof.

My gut feeling is: If ALWAYS *enabled*, and the state sequence is infinite, then it MUST be: exhibit at least once.