[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [tlaplus] Where would I go to hire someone with experience in TLA+?

Ironically we can't use upwork. XD

I work for a division of Sands and to hire off a company like upwork they need to hammer out a business-to-business relationship. And as far as I know upwork is not an option right now.

Thanks for the help though.

On Friday, October 21, 2022 at 5:07:06 AM UTC-7 curty...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
A question I can finally answer. I'm addressing the "where" as there is one main place this can be done which is upwork.com. You can find most people there as its the largest freelancer site on the planet.

Second would be this very forum as we are all interested, though not all available for work, in TLA+ while all at different levels of usefulness with our TLA+ skills (or lack thereof). However, there may be rules of the group that prohibit such actions. Maybe, maybe not.

Additionally, LinkedIn.com may produce some results, though I would image it not as fruitful as TLA+ is not common from what I can see.

I would venture to say these answers are obvious but I'm surprised when people say they've never heard of upwork.com so I will not assume and just give the information asked for.

Yay! I may have been helpful the first time in 4-5 years of being in this group :D

On Thursday, October 20, 2022 at 11:43:35 PM UTC-5 i...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Interesting, I recently adopt TLA+ and training for my team at Postclick, but the company downsized and right now I'm open for work. Maybe I can offer hourly service at first to see whether it's a good fit?
Kind regards,
Sinh

TruongSinh Tran-Nguyen, PMI-ACP, PSM III, PSPO III

Tech Visionary, Craftsman, Coach and Investor

+1-6127-TR-SINH (+1-6127-87-7464) | @truongsinhtn

Find me on LinkedIn | Twitter | Github | StackOverflow

IBAN: LT76 3250 0264 6898 1177 | BIC: REVOLT21

Currently Reading

Book Cover

Goodreads Logo Get your own email signature

On Thu, 20 Oct 2022 at 20:26, justin.ja...@xxxxxxxxx <justin.ja...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Basically (unrelated to TLA+) looking for someone to design and document distributed database-backed microservices for servers to implement. TLA+ would be a plus though since the communication between the services is something TLA+ would shine at.

On Thursday, October 20, 2022 at 2:15:11 PM UTC-7 morgan....@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I guess it depends on what you want them to work on... distributed system design? I'm a systems engineer but I haven't found many opportunities to apply TLA+ to my work, at this point it's purely a hobby for me. I'm not at a level where I'd add it to my resume, but knowing some TLA+ does help the way you look at problems.

On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 7:28 AM justin.ja...@xxxxxxxxx <justin.ja...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Looking to hire an architect for a server team and had the thought that someone experienced with TLA+ would be a good option.

Thanks.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tlaplus" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tlaplus+u...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tlaplus/07d95263-8850-4d35-9da0-3cd15446a236n%40googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tlaplus" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tlaplus+u...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

--
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tlaplus+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tlaplus/0f970fc6-a0bd-4ddd-8bac-2aa02dd0764en%40googlegroups.com.