Re: [tlaplus] Simulation mode

Great tips, thanks.

On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 2:19 PM Markus Kuppe <tlaplus-google-group@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 8/5/21 9:23 AM, A. Jesse Jiryu Davis wrote:
> Brilliant, thank you! The format is fine for me, my only goal is to read
> some random traces to check my understanding of my spec.
>
> Is there a way to import one of these files into the Toolbox's trace viewer?

The Toolbox can open the generated file, but SANY won't parse it.

Perhaps, a more useful approach to studying your spec with trace
exploration is to simulate your spec checking an "artificial" invariant
such as `TLCGet("level") < N`.  You get a trace if you choose N less
than the diameter shown on the model's result page.
Additionally, formulate action- and state-constraints to direct the
simulator towards more interesting areas of the state space. This
requires a recent TLC nightly build, though.

Markus

[1]
https://github.com/tlaplus/tlaplus/commit/e7b17ad43db6e277c502840e2b0d1be8effea41b