[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[tlaplus] Simulation mode

Hello, I'm having some difficulty using the TLC "-simulate" option.
  1. If I select "Simulation Mode" in the Toolbox's "TLC Options", the "Maximum number of traces" empty, then it runs indefinitely (as expected), but when I hit "Cancel" I don't see any trace output in the Toolbox GUI. I can't find any trace files either. How does simulation mode work by default in the Toolbox?
  2. If I set "Maximum number of traces" to 100, then TLC logs "Progress(600) at 2021-08-05 11:14:00: 16221 states generated, -1 distinct states found, -1 states left on queue", then terminates. I still can't figure out how to view the traces it produced.
  3. Switching to the command line, if I run "java -cp tla2tools.jar  tlc2.TLC MySpec.tla -simulate", it runs indefinitely as expected, and I hit Ctrl-C, I can't find the generated traces anywhere. The .out files in the .toolbox directory don't include any traces.
  4. I tried passing "-simulate file=foo,num=100" but TLC complained, "Error: Error: more than one input files: MCSliceMerge and file=foo,num=100". I can't figure out what the syntax is for specifying an output file or number of traces, even after reading Current Versions of the TLA+ Tools and the source of TLC.java.
Thanks for your help.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tlaplus" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tlaplus+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tlaplus/a19099ed-1465-4893-9d76-dff1e6f10d1fn%40googlegroups.com.