[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [tlaplus] Answering Questions

Hi Leslie,

thanks for your message. First of all, I believe that is only natural that I should try and pass on some of the things I've learnt about TLA+ to others. I just hope that nobody feels discouraged from answering a question whether I've reacted or not.

This being said, I fully agree that this group is here for all of us in the TLA+ community to help each other.

Stephan

On 5 Mar 2021, at 00:02, Leslie Lamport <tlaplus.ll@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It is gratifying to see all the questions about TLA+ on this group.
However, it worries me that so many of them are answered by Stephan
Merz.  Stephan does a great job of answering them, and we are all
grateful to him.  But depending so much on him is bad for two reasons:
It's not fair to him to have to do that much work, and depending so much
on him is not viable in the long term.

I would like to see other people answering more of the questions.  If
you think you know the answer to a question, don't be shy about
posting your answer.  If you're wrong, someone else can correct you,
and you and others will learn from your mistake.  Let's make this
group a group effort, not just a forum for asking questions of a few
old timers.

Leslie

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tlaplus" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tlaplus+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tlaplus/0dd69bfa-ad8a-4968-b67a-597add88799fn%40googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tlaplus" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tlaplus+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tlaplus/BEEE44C6-CE13-4C53-A282-493356314A29%40gmail.com.