[tlaplus] Re: Unbounded CHOOSE while using Standard Module Reals

Hey, thanks again Andrew. Very useful answer. Problem solved.

Em sexta-feira, 5 de março de 2021 às 03:01:05 UTC+1, andrew...@xxxxxxxxx escreveu:
You need to override the definition of both Real and Infinity. For my spec, I defined Infinity to be the value 100 and Real to be the set 0 ..10 \cup {Infinity}. If you're expected your clock or timers to go above 10 you'll need to increase the size of the Real set as necessary.

If you're using the set Real in other contexts in the spec that require a different override, you can solve this problem by writing something like the following definitions:

\* Possible values for a clock to take, in arbitrary units.
Time == {t \in Real : t >= 0}
\* A time window of nonzero length.
TimeSpan == {t \in Time : t > 0}

Then you can override the definitions of Time and TimeSpan specifically instead of Real generally.

Andrew