Re: [tlaplus] Help with Advent of Code day 01

The second repo is very useful as well, thank you Markus!

On Wednesday, 9 December 2020 at 13:41:24 UTC-6 migu...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks!
I actually took most of the code from the first repo, ran it locally and was pleased, then tried implementing the PlusCal version.

On Wednesday, 9 December 2020 at 13:23:06 UTC-6 Markus Alexander Kuppe wrote:

On 08.12.20 22:19, migu...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello all!
> This is my first attempt at seriuosly using PlusCal, and I'm trying to
> solve some small problems to warm up. I tried solving the first Advent
> of Code problem, but my PlusCal is quite rough.
> Any help ?
> The problem is, given a list, find 2 numbers that sum to 2020.
>

> ---- MODULE pcal ----
> EXTENDS TLC, Integers, FiniteSets, Sequences
>
> (*--algorithm pcal
> variables
> Sum = 2020,
> Input = <<
> 1511,
> 1112,
> 1958,
> 1778,
> 1769,
> 1946,
> 1800,
> 1911,
> 1821,
> 1886,
> 285,
> 1649,
> 1952,
> 1428,
> 1779,
> 1822,
> 1735
>>>;
>
> begin
> with x \in Input do
> with y \in Input \ {x} do
> assert x + y = Sum;
> end with;
> end with; end algorithm; *)

Hi,

although TLA+ and not PlusCal, it perhaps helps to study the solutions
of Arnaud Bos [1] and Thomas Bracher [2].

Markus

[1] https://github.com/arnaudbos/aoc2020-tla-plus/tree/master/day1
[2] https://github.com/sadraskol/advent-2020/blob/main/Advent1.tla