[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[tlaplus] Re: TLC reports error (undefined identifier), but it's defined...

Thanks, I see that my first attempt was not math, but an thinly veiled instruction to what TLC ought to do.  I evidently have a lot of programmer quirks to iron out.
Another thing I realized was that my usage of helpers hid the fact that I tried to set the next state of locks twice per action.

The following rewrite works as intended:

OpenWorkspace(u, w) == /\ locks[w] <= 0
                       /\ openWorkspaces' = [openWorkspaces EXCEPT ![u] = openWorkspaces[u] \cup {w}]
                       /\ locks' = [c \in Workspaces |-> IF c = w THEN 10 ELSE locks[c] - 1]

EditWorkspace(u, w) == /\ locks[w] > 0
                       /\ w \in openWorkspaces[u]
                       /\ locks' = [c \in Workspaces |-> IF c = w THEN 10 ELSE locks[c] - 1]
                       /\ UNCHANGED openWorkspaces

CloseWorkspace(u, w) == /\ locks[w] > 0
                        /\ openWorkspaces' = [openWorkspaces EXCEPT ![u] = openWorkspaces[u] \cap {w}]
                        /\ locks' = [c \in Workspaces |-> IF c = w THEN 0 ELSE locks[c] - 1]

Next == \/ \E u \in Users, w \in Workspaces : OpenWorkspace(u, w)
        \/ \E u \in Users, w \in Workspaces : EditWorkspace(u, w)
        \/ \E u \in Users, w \in Workspaces : CloseWorkspace(u, w)

It's a silly and naïve specification, but I'm having a lot of fun playing around with it. :)

On Sunday, February 2, 2020 at 2:35:36 AM UTC+1, Leslie Lamport wrote:
Please look up CHOOSE and see what 

CHOOSE u \in Users : ...  

means.  Then look up \E and see what 

\E u \in Users : ...

means.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tlaplus" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tlaplus+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tlaplus/ab59eb5f-cfeb-48a7-8319-92137e618461%40googlegroups.com.