Polynomials in PlusCal?

Hi everyone,

I would like to compare, symbolically, some mathematical expressions that get built up in a numerical application I am specifying in PlusCal.  My first thought is to write a module for multivariate polynomials and use it in place of PlusCal's built-in arithmetic operations.  I would then make intermittent assertions about polynomials and check them for functional correctness with TLC.

For my application, I believe this "symbolic" approach is a better fit than a discrete sampling from real numbers.

If anyone has thoughts or suggestions, however, I would be much obliged.

Thanks,
John