Re: [tlaplus] [Dr. TLA+ Series] Paxos - Andrew Helwer (June 22nd, 10-11:30am PDT)

While I am not in a reasonable time zone to watch the live broadcast anyway, I had the same concern as Simon. Although the normal Skype works on Linux, Skype for Business is not supported on Linux (not even the so-called web app), so I hope that the recording will be available later in a more portable format.

I take the opportunity of this remark to say my opinion about those lectures that are more and more frequent.

One of them was posted recently by Leslie. I've watched it. It was remarkable. It presented the philosophy
behind TLAPLUS together with some points I was not aware. A really good synthetic lecture. Unfortunately
the site that presented this lecture seems to consider it is its property. Impossible to have a copy
on one's laptop. Not very kind for the lecturer nor for the auditor.

On some other sites lectures can be downloaded. For instance (for those who can speak French):

https://www.college-de-france.fr/site/gerard-berry/_course.htm

But there is still a problem Berry's lectures are very rich and if you want to listen back a part of them
you can't because they are not divided into sections and have no table of contents
and no index and you can't even index by yourself the parts you would like to listen again.

Better than the usual ununderstandable powerpoints but not yet perfect.

--
FL