Re: Examples using Reals?

I found two papers, one long, one short, with "Real Time is Really Simple" in their
titles.  Both are pure gold.  Thank you again.

On Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 10:31:31 AM UTC-8, Brian Beckman wrote:
I'm analyzing some designs written by other people, and trying to encode them
in TLA to get the benefits of precision and checkability.

The designers of the systems I'm analyzing write things that look a little like
Mealy machines, except they have "rich" rules such as "if the system stays
in state A for more than 2 minutes, make a transition to state B."  I may be able
to model these, as you say, as "... asynchronous events unrelated to time with
... fairness conditions to ensure that a timeout eventually happens ..."  I will
try that approach.

I will also look for your paper on embedded systems.