Re: [tlaplus] Very Newbie question - thanks in advance for pointing out my error

On 04.10.2017 22:09, Pete Mastin wrote:
> Hi All - found TLA this morning and as a former logician who worked in
> the CASE industry for a few years got very excited about it!
>
> I am struggling getting my environment set up. I believe it is because
> of the Java version. I am on MAC OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6.
>
> I have downloaded the newest Java version and installed in (2 or 3
> times now). However - whenever I sit in my terminal (per the
> instructions) and type
>
> "Java -version" I do not see the latest version in the terminal - EVEN
> though its clearly installed. See attached screen shot.
>

> When I move forward and try to run the TLA+ Toolkit I get the
> following error in the log file.

Hi Pete,

you probably downloaded the JRE, when the Toolbox needs the Oracle Java
1.8 JDK on macOS. You can download the JDK for macOS at from
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html ;

Markus