Very Newbie question - thanks in advance for pointing out my error

Hi All - found TLA this morning and as a former logician who worked in the CASE industry for a few years got very excited about it!

I am struggling getting my environment set up. I believe it is because of the Java version. I am on MAC OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6.

I have downloaded the newest Java version and installed in (2 or 3 times now). However - whenever I sit in my terminal (per the instructions) and type

"Java -version" I do not see the latest version in the terminal - EVEN though its clearly installed. See attached screen shot.

When I move forward and try to run the TLA+ Toolkit I get the following error in the log file.

Thanks