Re: What should I do next in the Hyperbook?

Hi Leslie,

I would really love to see more documentation on "6c. Real-time and hybrid specs".

I have read the excellent TLA+ papers on the issue [1-2]. However,I have the impression that the focus is more on theorem proving. Is it? As far as I understand this is related to the fact that both topics require real numbers, and these can not be model-checked.

Still I would like to know how an engineer without the knowledge or time to do formal proofs could use TLA+ for this kind of problems. What are the limits? or do you think that an engineer facing this kind of problems should learn formal proofs?

In my case, when I face this kind of issues I use prototyping, C code with mockups of the real-time part of the system, and/or Matlab. What is the TLA+ approach for this kind of problems?

I'm also pretty curious about what can you write about "8. Something about writing informal specs." :)

Thanks,
Marc

[1] http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/lamport/pubs/pubs.html#lamport-hybrid
[2] http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/lamport/pubs/pubs.html#charme2005