Re: [tlaplus] States Found vs Distinct States

Hi Jaak,

the number of "generated states" indicates the number of states that TLC has computed so far (as initial states or as successors of previously generated states). Since the same state may be the successor of different states, this number is bigger than the number of distinct states. The latter indicates the real size of your state space, the former gives you an idea of how different the state space is from a tree.

Best,
Stephan