Introductions

Hello everybody!

Following Chris Newcombe's lead, here is my introduction: I am Stephan Merz, an INRIA researcher based in Nancy, France. My interests are in formal methods for specifying systems and reasoning about them, and in particular in verification techniques. I have been using TLA+ for a long time and still find it the most elegant and lean notation for modeling and verifying algorithms. I am currently contributing to the TLA+ Proof System, and you can find more details and publications on my home page at http://www.loria.fr/~merz/.

Leslie Lamport and I co-organized a workshop on TLA in Paris last August (see http://tla2012.loria.fr/). Following suggestions of participants, this mailing list was created for users of TLA+, and more generally for anybody interested in finding out about it. Feel free to ask questions on any aspect of the language and the tools: maybe somebody else from the community already thought about it and has some insight. Your suggestions on novel uses of the language, missing tool support, documentation etc. are also very welcome. Contributions from non-members are moderated, so why not subscribe to the list by becoming a member of this Google group (http://groups.google.com/group/tlaplus?hl=en)?

I'm very much looking forward to having a virtual meeting place for the TLA+ community.

Stephan