[tlaplus] How do you think abstractly

I'm trying to learn TLA+ to solve Leetcode problems?

Is TLA+ for writing algorithms or just specifying algorithms. In other words, do i learn the algorithm first, or can I use TLA+ to create an algorithm?

For example, for the classic 2 sums problem:
Given a set of integers. and a target value. Find the index of every pair of numbers that sum to the target value. Note: the index cannot be the same in the pair.

Thanks so much for the help!