[tlaplus] Re: Analysis: Runway, a new formal specification system

And five+ years later ...

I found a nice way to define 'Enum's in TLA+. Thank you, Hillel!

aman

PS: Your https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-1-4842-3829-5 book is how I started my journey into the land of software modeling and verification.

On Sunday, November 5, 2017 at 11:46:39 PM UTC-5 Hillel Wayne wrote:
I also really liked Runway's enum type, which replaces the common TLA+ approach of using hardcoded strings to indicate state.

Year and a half late here, but I just found a great way to represent enums! Since foo["bar"] = foo.bar, you can define

Enum(set) == [x \in set |-> x]
color == Enum({"Red", "Green", "Blue"})

To get color.Red, color.Green, and color.Blue. Not a perfect solution, but it's working for me so far.

Hillel