[tlaplus] SANY error: Non-constant TAKE, WITNESS, or HAVE for temporal goal.

I ran into this error when writing theorems like:

THEOREM Spec => []Invariant
PROOF
  <1> HAVE Spec
  <1> ...
  <1> QED

If I replace it with this then SANY stops complaining:

THEOREM Spec => []Invariant
PROOF
  <1> SUFFICES ASSUME Spec PROVE []Invariant OBVIOUS
  <1> ...
  <1> QED

Why is the second one okay but the first one is not? I thought the first one was just shorthand for the second.

Andrew