Re: [tlaplus] Confusing line in paxos tlaps proof (USE TRUE /\ TRUE)

Hello,

the first problem that I have with this module is that it instantiates module Consensus, which is not present in the repository. When I comment out the offending lines at the end of the module, I can reproduce your issue.

Of course, directives such as USE TRUE or USE TRUE /\ TRUE should have no effect.

A superficial inspection indicates that the module is largely a copy of the Paxos specification and proof contained in the collection of examples distributed with TLAPM [1], but which does not contain this strange USE directive and whose proof succeeds. Perhaps Andrew can comment on what is going on here?

Stephan

[1] https://github.com/tlaplus/tlapm/tree/main/examples/paxos