[tlaplus] Re: WITNESS BY

You are correct you cannot write WITNESS x \in y BY <proof>. The proof constructs that can be followed by a nested proof are:

SUFFICES is probably the closest to your desired usage. I am drawing this from reading the TLA+ tree-sitter grammar here. See which ones have the optional($._proof) rule at the end.

Andrew