[tlaplus] How to prove my "compare" function on 4-bit binary numbers is correct?

I want to prove cmp_bv4 for all 4-bit binary numbers is correct. As seen below, a binary value of 4 bits is represented as a set of functions with domain 0-3 and range 0 and 1. Then, an xor function with domain 0 and 1 that outputs 0 if the two inputs match (or 1 other, otherwise). Finally,  cmp_bv4 takes in two 4-bit binary numbers and uses the xor function to determine if the values match. Why do this and not just use (=) ? In the machine I'm building, a comparator is not available and I need to build one from scratch.
Screen Shot 2022-11-06 at 12.43.42 AM.png