[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[tlaplus] Re: Translating

Yes I'm sorry I knew that, I'm embarrassed to see that I wrote that. I need to check what I write before hitting "Post" from now on! But thank you for the correction and the confirmation of my understanding

On Tuesday, August 30, 2022 at 10:31:36 PM UTC-7 Leslie Lamport wrote:
Close.  Just replace  IF A THEN B  by  A => B .  (Implication is written => rather than -> in TLA+.)
However, the x'=x is redundant because [A]_<<x>>  means  A \/ (x'=x).

On Tuesday, August 30, 2022 at 8:56:48 PM UTC-7 ns wrote:
Apologies if I'm rehashing a subject that has been thoroughly hashed, but I am looking at translating some LTL formulas into TLA+. In particular the formulas are assertions to a model checker and may contain the X operator. So you may see something like [] (x>0 --> X x=1) along with some fairness assumption about the model. Now as it stands it won't translate to TLA+, but if I insist on it saying 
    [] ((x>0 /\ x=K)--> X (x=1 \/ x=K)) 
ie ensuring a stutter step is always allowed, is it correct to translate this as 
    [] [IF x>0 THEN x'=1 \/ x'=x]_<<x>>   ?

Thanks!

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tlaplus" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tlaplus+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tlaplus/69c869a6-694c-4821-b82a-a2456452c1aen%40googlegroups.com.