Re: [tlaplus] Issue enumerating Nat, but I don't see where I'm enumerating the entire set Nat

TLC will choke whenever you quantify over or try to enumerate an infinite set – even if the end result is finite as in

{ n \in Nat : 0 < n /\ n < 10 }.

ProB [1] accepts TLA+, it is based on a constraint solver and can handle such cases.

Apalache is mostly restricted to finite data structures, in particular any sets occurring as values have to be finite. You can (usually) get away with unbounded integers as data because SMT solvers handle them natively, so you may not need a state constraint bounding integer values in the same way as in TLC.

Indeed, TLAPS has no restrictions when it comes to reasoning about infinite sets – but you have to write a proof in the first place.

Stephan

[1] https://prob.hhu.de