[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [tlaplus] Re: TLA+ tree-sitter grammar updates

Did Github's switch over to the tree-sitter grammar affect the way Markdown code snippets of TLA+ are highlighted? It seems that now TLA+ snippets in Markdown aren't highlighted unless they are contained within a full module e.g see here. I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall that in past these snippet blocks would highlight TLA+ expressions even if they weren't enclosed within a full module definition.

On Thursday, May 19, 2022 at 2:37:53 AM UTC-4 karthik....@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
A little slow on the uptake, but congratulations on the good work! This is great!

On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 4:48 AM Andrew Helwer <andrew...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Pleased to announce the tree-sitter grammar is now used to highlight .tla files on github (example). TLA+ syntax highlighting in markdown still uses the regex-based highlighter.

Andrew

On Thursday, February 3, 2022 at 10:29:53 AM UTC-5 Andrew Helwer wrote:
Wow, very impressive! Didn't think someone would write an interpreter on top of this so soon. I especially like how you can select the next state to take, very similar to a feature I liked about PRISM.

Andrew

On Wednesday, February 2, 2022 at 11:38:16 PM UTC-5 will...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Figured I would drop a note on this thread. I've started working on a web-based TLA+ interpreter/UI that makes use of the new tree-sitter grammar. See repo here: https://github.com/will62794/tla-web. A link to a live (in-progress) version is included there.

It's still a work in progress, but I figured you might be interested. Mostly, I've just wanted a nice browser based TLA+ experience for personal use for a while, so I decided to give it a go after realizing that the tree-sitter grammar could parse TLA+ in the browser. There are a bunch of additional features I'd like to add/experiment with, but this is an early prototype.

On Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at 8:28:11 PM UTC-5 andrew...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Don't be too disappointed in yourself lol, it took me a whole six months of full-time work on sabbatical (just for TLA+, not PlusCal). Never could have done it as a side project I don't think.

I'm interested in hearing about the experience on emacs, I haven't personally used it there.

Andrew

On Wednesday, January 26, 2022 at 5:48:02 PM UTC-5 karthik....@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
As someone who started and abandoned a TLA+ parser project, I'm both impressed with your work and a little disappointed with myself.

Congratulations! I look forward to using it in emacs soon.

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022, 6:43 AM Василий Морковкин <1ist...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Happy to announce PlusCal support in TLA+ grammar!
The latest nvim-treesitter revision contains all the queries necessary for syntax highlighting.

Vasiliy

On Wednesday, January 19, 2022 at 5:22:19 PM UTC+3 andrew...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Starting this thread to contain various posts I will make concerning development, releases, uses, etc. of the TLA+ tree-sitter grammar. Consult the repo's README for an overview of the project, or watch my TLA+ Conf 2021 talk where I explain its capabilities and provide some demos.

If you have questions about this project, feel free to ask them in this thread or the repo's discussions tab.

If you're interested in experiencing the benefits of this project as an end user of TLA+, it is currently available in the tree-sitter plugin for Neovim. PlusCal support is not yet implemented but is being worked on by Vasiliy Morkovkin.

Andrew

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tlaplus" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tlaplus+u...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tlaplus/478bd548-be02-457a-8b10-a18120bf243bn%40googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tlaplus" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tlaplus+u...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

--
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tlaplus+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tlaplus/3a79ce38-c6dd-4fed-97b8-f14374747917n%40googlegroups.com.