Re: [tlaplus] action never enabled

Jones:

I do not think your hypothesis is consistent with the description in section 14.2.6 of "Specifying System" which describes how TLC computes states.   TLC "should" calculate all possible histories which would prohibit calculating A "first."   As far as I understand these things, temporal logic, disjunction in particular, has no notion of calculating something "first", in contrast to a programming language.

Stephan:

My reply above to Jones' explanation also applies to your comment about TLC's evaluation strategy.  Also, my post earlier in this thread contains the spec.

I'm really quite stumped!