[tlaplus] Re: action never enabled

Hi,

No problem. I can't think of a solution unless you show a reduced (if possible) version of your spec?

Jones

On Friday, 24 December 2021 at 19:03:36 UTC-3 jetti...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
 Sorry, I mistyped.  Indeed my spec is already:

Spec == Init /\ [][Next]_vars

On Friday, December 24, 2021 at 1:53:59 PM UTC-8 jone...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello,

From your example, it seems Spec should be: Init /\ [][Next]_vars, assuming vars is already a tuple/sequence. I am not sure if that solves your problem, though.

Jones

On Friday, 24 December 2021 at 13:59:20 UTC-3 jetti...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

TLA+ newbie here with what is probably a newbie-ish question.  I'll describe it abstractly with actions A and B.   My spec has the form:

Next == A \/ B
Spec == Init /\ []Next_<<vars>>

When I run TLC I get a warning "B is never enabled".  If I change the ordering in Next to:

Next == B \/ A

I get the warning "A is never enabled."  Am I missing something obvious about disjunction?

Thanks for any insights in advance!