Re: [tlaplus] Verifying concurrent data structures

On 12/21/21 3:29 PM, Jones Martins wrote:
Hello, everyone

Since TLA+ can also verify (and prove) correctness of algorithms, protocols, etc., I wonder how to verify data structures. When modelling a sequential data structure compared to a concurrent data structure, how should one go about specifying it?

 For example, let's say I implemented an abstract Set specification with "Add", "Remove" and "Contains" actions. How do I prove correctness? What about a concurrent Set?

Thanks

Jones

https://github.com/tlaplus/tlaplus/blob/master/tlatools/org.lamport.tlatools/src/tlc2/tool/fp/OpenAddressing.tla is a spec of a concurrent, lock-free set (no deletion).