[tlaplus] Type checking and custom infinite sets

Hi!
When you have a type invariant for a system like Paxos, you can check that for example ballot numbers are members of the set of natural numbers.

What I am trying to do (and can't seem to find any documentation on) is how to define my own infinite sets (for example one which is defined by some predicate). This is specifically just for type checking, and thus should just be checking whether a value is an element of a set, hence should just be able to use the predicate.

Is there any way to do this?

--
Thanks,

Chris