[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[tlaplus] the chapter on A Caching Memory in the book

hello I am trying to form a conceptual picture of how all the different memory related specs in Chapter 5 of Specifying Systems relate to each other. First off is MemoryInterface which I understand to be essentially the signature of the  interface over which the processor and memory communicate (the dashed box in the figure) . This has a variable memInt which represents the "state of the interface". Then comes the spec InternalMemory which makes use of the MemoryInterface (specifically the Send and Reply actions). This is wrapped inside a module called Memory to hide the internal vars. Finally there's WriteThroughCache which it says "implements the memory specification". My questions are

thanks!
-  

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tlaplus" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tlaplus+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tlaplus/4fd0292c-8a33-48ee-a9d7-5fff8ce98df1n%40googlegroups.com.