Re: [tlaplus] Unicode TLA+

It should be noted that unicode symbol quality varies pretty widely by font. You also will want a font that renders as many unicode symbols in monospace width as possible.

Andrew

On Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 1:22:12 AM UTC-4 b...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Thu, Sep 09 2021, Andrew Helwer wrote:
[..]
> Some questions to provoke discussion:
>
> - Do you believe you would personally find it useful/easier
> to see TLA+ specs in their Unicode form as you are writing
> them?

Having an option is certainly not bad (in my opinion). I am
writing my TLA+ specs with GNU/Emacs and tried to convert the
ASCII symbols to Unicode:

<https://git.sdf.org/bch/tlamode/raw/branch/master/examples/emacs-tlaplus.png>

But most of the time, I still stick to the ASCII representation
(and to view the pretty printed version, I do ‘C-c C-t e’ and
xdvi(1) automatically updates the view on that file).

--
Christian Barthel