Re: [tlaplus] Difference between action and temporal formula?

Section 16.2.4 gives a syntactic definition of a valid TLA formula, which is defined inductively from a few base rules. Since []<>(<<A>>_v \/ <<B>>_v) cannot be built from those rules, it's not a valid TLA formula, even though it's a temporal formula. But you can construct []<><<A \/ B>>_v, which is logically equivalent.