Re: [tlaplus] Difference between action and temporal formula?

At least in my understanding the distinction is that a temporal formula defines a behaviour, and the action only a relation between two states.
I find the TLA paper very useful and complementary to the book as well: https://lamport.azurewebsites.net/pubs/lamport-actions.pdf.
In sections 3 and 4 the actions are considered as elementary temporal formulas.

Karolis