Re: [tlaplus] VIEW for Structure variable

On 09.06.21 21:04, pfeod...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

In TLC, we have the `VIEW` config where you choose which variables are important and which are auxiliary.

Let's say I have a variable `Var` of interest which is always a Structure, would it be too hard to do something like `VIEW` but where you say that, for this `Var`, TLC does not consider some keys for fingerprint (kinda like auxiliary keys)?

A VIEW *is a state function* (page 243 in Specifying Systems). In other words, any state-level^1 (unprimed) expression can be a view, such as <<[n \in SomeSubsetOfDOMAIN Var |-> Var[n], other, variables>>

Don't shoot yourself in the foot!

Markus

^1 TLC will keep you from defining a constant-level expression.