Re: [tlaplus] Re: Doing arithmetic with current state value and next state value of a variable in TLA+

The minimal spec follows.

---------------------------- MODULE minimal_ex1 ----------------------------
EXTENDS Integers, Reals
VARIABLES x, y

TypeOK == /\ x \in -128..127
          /\ y \in -128..127

Init == ((x \in -128..127) /\ (y = 0))

VS_Pitch_Wheel_Rotation ==
    y' = ((x' - x + 128) % 256) - 128

Next == VS_Pitch_Wheel_Rotation

Spec == Init /\ [][Next]_<<x,y>>
\* Modification History
\* Last modified Thu May 27 19:45:21 BRT 2021 by jefferson
\* Created Thu May 27 19:45:08 BRT 2021 by jefferson

When the model is run, it produces the following error messages:

TLC threw an unexpected exception.
This was probably caused by an error in the spec or model.
See the User Output or TLC Console for clues to what happened.
The exception was a java.lang.RuntimeException
In evaluation, the identifier x is either undefined or not an operator.
line 11, col 12 to line 11, col 12 of module minimal_ex1

The error occurred when TLC was evaluating the nested
expressions at the following positions:
0. Line 11, column 5 to line 11, column 37 in minimal_ex1
1. Line 11, column 10 to line 11, column 37 in minimal_ex1
2. Line 11, column 11 to line 11, column 30 in minimal_ex1
3. Line 11, column 12 to line 11, column 23 in minimal_ex1
4. Line 11, column 12 to line 11, column 17 in minimal_ex1
5. Line 11, column 12 to line 11, column 13 in minimal_ex1
6. Line 11, column 12 to line 11, column 12 in minimal_ex1

Thanks for your help.