[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlaplus] Why was the ? infix operator removed between TLA+ v1 and v2?
- From: Andrew Helwer <andrew.helwer@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 06:26:51 -0700 (PDT)
- Ironport-hdrordr: A9a23:IsRxTqryahqPqv/af4nQjowaV5qJeYIsi2QD101hICF9WMbwrbHJoN0w0xjohDENHEwxgNzoAtj4fVrw/YN4iLNhX4uKcxLhvAKTXeJfxKvkhwbtAijvstNavJ0BT4FbKPndSWd3ltz75g7QKbgd6f2K6rqhi+ub71oFd3AOV4ha4w10ChmWHyRNLWEsObMDGJWR/cZBrTa7EE53Uu2AGnIHU+Lfzue78K7OXBhuPW9B1CC+yR2trJr3CQKR0BtbaS5G3LtKywX4uj28yKOkvfS2jjL/90uW1ZRZn9P91sBObfbntuElbhvrjAisaMBaX6Ca+AoyvPqk5D8R/OXkklMaM85+62zccwiOzifQ5w==
Looking at the BNF specs for TLA+ v1 and v2, the set of infix operators has some changes:
- The addition of the <= and \notin operators
- The removal of the ? operator
I was also reminded of this when searching through files for the other thread and came across this line
in the SANY code. So out of curiosity, what occasioned the removal?
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tlaplus" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tlaplus+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tlaplus/9ed4a662-30f9-44c3-9d2c-469adfb1fa50n%40googlegroups.com.