Re: [tlaplus] How does this simple Max(set) implementation work?

Hi Steve,

\A is "for all", so it will choose a value from S that is ≥ all values. If you use \E instead, then it will pick a value that is ≥ at least one value. Note that this includes the value itself, so \E y \in S: y <= x is trivially true for all values in the set.