[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [tlaplus] meaning of the lead to (~>) operator

Hello Seup,

What is the error trace you're getting?

From the actions you have defined, as long as x remains <= 0, we never need to increment y. A possible behavior is Init, SetX, IncX, SetX, IncX, ...

It may be enough to simply change the enabling condition for IncY to x >= 0 (but that may not be "allowed" by what you are trying to specify).

Best,

Isaac DeFrain

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 10:56 AM seup yun <syun4541@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to specify "If some operation does not happens, then some condition eventually becomes true"

full specification is following:
-------------------------------- MODULE test --------------------------------

EXTENDS Integers

VARIABLE x,y

Init ==
    /\ x = 0
    /\ y = 0

IncX ==
    /\ x' = IF x < 5 THEN (x + 1) ELSE 5
    /\ UNCHANGED <<y>>

IncY ==
    /\ x > 0
    /\ y' = IF y < 5 THEN (y + 1) ELSE 5
    /\ UNCHANGED <<x>>

SetX ==
    /\ x' = -1
    /\ UNCHANGED <<y>>

Next ==
    \/ IncX
    \/ IncY
    \/ SetX

Invariant1 ==
    /\ x < 6
    /\ y < 6

temporalFormula1 ==  (x > 0) ~> (y = 5)
=============================================================================

and behavior spec is:
Init /\ [][Next]_<<x,y>> /\ WF_x(IncX) /\ WF_x(SetX) /\ WF_<<x,y>>(IncY)

my question is, why temporalFormula1 is violated?

I know that (x > 0) ~> (y = 5) means:
((x > 0) => <>(y = 5)) which is
\A n \in Nat. \sigma^{+n} ⊨ (x > 0) => ¬□¬(y = 5) which is
\A n \in Nat. \sigma^{+n} ⊨ (x > 0) => \sigma^{+n} ⊨ \E m \in Nat. \sigma{+m} ⊨ (y = 5) which is
\A n \in Nat. \sigma^{+n} ⊨ (x > 0) => \E m \in Nat. \sigma^{+n+m} ⊨ (y = 5)

so, i believed that error-trace should not contains the state that x is -1 but it does. 

I even tried the formula (FALSE) ~> (y = 5) but it still fails with similar error trace. what's my mistake here?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tlaplus" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tlaplus+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tlaplus/ca126b11-a19f-4cb2-b67c-fcd9df861299n%40googlegroups.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tlaplus" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tlaplus+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tlaplus/CAM3xQxH4BdebG%2BfYKYN4XokHabKazhRRYS1TzGRWv81%2BOS0Pnw%40mail.gmail.com.